Top Ten 2013 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To
1. Splintered by A.G. Howard: I feel like I've been waiting for this one forever! I absolutely love the idea of Alice's descendant going back to Wonderland!
2. Pivot Point by Kasie West: How awesome would it be to be able to see how your decisions effect your future before you make them?!
3. My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi: I haven't read about HIV before, so I'm interested how the author deals with this topic in a YA novel.
4. The S Word by Chelsea Pitcher: I think this one has the potential to be really touching and I'm curious about the mystery.
5. OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu: Honestly, it's the title that grabbed me, not necessarily the blurb. I'm curious how OCD plays into the relationship.
6.OCD, the Dude, and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn: Another OCD title, but this time the blurb grabbed me, too. Plus sized girl at an alternative high school? Yes please!
7. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Eltson: Another topic I've never seen before: Witness Protection Program!
8. That Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard: More unique premises: running away to join the circus! I've never been to a circus (terrified of clowns), so I'll have to settle for reading about one.
9. Triangles by Kimberly Ann Miller: The Bermuda Triangle and a love triangle, enough said.
10. The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Riber: One last unique premise for the list: genies!