Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Favorite Reads of 2012

I read a lot of great books in 2012, and here are all of my favorites in one place!

Honorable Mentions

If I gave half-star ratings, these would have gotten 4.5 stars!



The Story of Us by Deb Caletti : This one made me cry like a baby at the end! Any book that makes me cry is a winner in my book! {My Review}
If I Die by Rachel Vincent : This was an almost perfect addition to the series. If wasn't for the nice, neat ending it would be a 5 star book! {My Review}


Defy the Stars by Stephanie Parent : This one was intense! It was an amazing modern retelling of my favorite Shakespeare play. {My Review}
The Selection by Kiera Cass : This one was way too much fun! Fluffy dystopian? More please! {My Review}

Runners Up

There are the 5 star books that didn't make my following Top 10 list.


The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler : I just adored this book! Nostalgia galore! {My Review}
Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi: I freaking LOVE Warner! I wish this story had been longer! I need more of him! {My Review}

My Top 10 Reads of 2012

10.

Fury by Shirley Marr
There's just something about this book that I loved. It wasn't particularly exciting, but it was very real and I grew to love the awful main character.
{My Review}

9.

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning
That ending...OMG!
{My Review}

8.

The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
I just adored this one! It's the most realistic portrayal of teen sex that I've read.
{My Review}

7.

ReAwakened by Ada Adams
Crying! That's enough for me. I cried and it was awesome. Plus vampires rock my world.
{My Review}

6.

Angelfall by Susan Ee
I'm not an angel fan, but this one was incredible! Fast paced, action packed, and slightly disturbing!
{My Review}

5.

Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
I could not stop smiling while I read this one! It's just too much fun!
{My Review}

4.

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Amaaazing! Really, this one is great! It's a definitely a unique addition to the YA witch genre.
{My Review}

3.

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Chapter 43 blows everything else on this countdown out of the water! If I was basing this post on individual chapters, this would be #1, no contest.
{My Review}

2.

Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This book blew my mind! I could not put it down, even though I was disturbed as heck at some points.
{My Review}

1.

Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Are you guys sick of me raving about this book yet? Too bad, because it's amazing! If you haven't read it, go read it ASAP!!!
{My Review}

4 comments:

  1. I so want to read Angel fall!!!! Love the books you chose!


    Alice@RottenAppleReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! I'm super impatient for the sequel!

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)