Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

December Recap



What I Read:



Total Value: $184.57
Total Paid: $0
Savings: $184.57


Reviews Posted:

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen [★★★★☆]
The Farm (The Farm, #1) by Emily McKay [★★★★☆]
ReAwakened (Angel Creek, #2) by Ada Adams [★★★★★]
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass [★★★★☆]
The Jelly Bean Crisis by Jolene Stockman [★★★★☆]
Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2) by Gabrielle Zevin [★★☆☆☆]
The Innocents (The Innocents, #1) by Lili Peloquin [★★★☆☆]
Always Me by Kelly Riad [★★★★☆]
Dog Days by Elsa Watson [★★★★☆]
How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight, #1)by Jax Garren[★★☆☆☆]
What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang [★★★☆☆]
Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1) by Karen Marie Moning [★★★★☆]
Shaman, Sister, Sorceress (Olivia Lawson, #3) by M. Terry Green [★★★☆☆]
Greta and the Goblin King (Mylena Chronicles, #1) by Chloe Jacobs [★★★★☆]
Luminosity (Raven Chronicles, #1) by Stephanie Thomas [★★★☆☆]
Savagery by Emma MacKenzie [★★★★☆]
His Black Wings by Astrid Yrigollen [★★☆☆☆]


Read but No Reviews:

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione

I wasn't sure about this one at first, but then at some point I got really into it. I love the world so far: all of the different type of demons living among and separate from humans, along with the Aegis (demon slayers). I adored Eidolon! He is not how I'd imagine a demon at all. I hated Tayla though. She got on my last nerves, but I enjoyed Eidolon so much that it didn't really matter.


Surving Passion (The Shattered World, #1) by Maia Underwood

I was very pleasantly surprised by this freebie! It was more action adventure than romance, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It's a very simple post-apocalyptic world with no supernatural elements or crazy government schemes. It's just people living off the land and trying to survive. Of course, there is a romance though but it takes a back seat to the action.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

There is no denying that this one is beautifully written, and the setting is utterly amazing! I want to visit this circus so bad! Unfortunately, the story is super boring and slow. It wasn't until about 1/3 in that something actually starts happening, but I was very invested in the plot or the characters. The only thing that kept me reading was the tour of the circus




Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2) by Cherise Sinclair

I liked this one much more than the first book! I really liked Kari, who was a little insecure but curious about the BDSM lifestyle. My only problem was with Master Dan's grief over his wife. It felt like a forced plot device rather than something that defines his character. It was only a small issue and didn't really hinder my enjoyment.


Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione

I really enjoyed this one, too! It was better than the first, and I couldn't put it down! Runa and Shade are perfect together! I really enjoyed watching them fall back in love and fight evil. I was shocked by the twist of events in this one, and definitely wasn't expecting who was behind the demon organ black market.


Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione

Compared to the first three books, this one has a lot more story and a lot less romance. I still enjoyed it a lot though. The plot is fast paced and action packed, and what romance there is is very hott! I was a little disappointed in one plot thread that seemed to disappear for a long time, but then was VERY quickly resolved at the end.



A Game of Thrones (A Song of Fire and Ice, #1) by George R.R. Martin

I love this show and it was about time that I got to the book! This was my first Epic Fantasy book, so it took a little getting use to, but once I did, I flew though it! I loved getting more details than the show could provide.




A Clash of Kings (A Song of Fire and Ice, #2) by George R.R. Martin

I flew through this one, too! I was a little confused throughout the second season of the show, but the book cleared up any of the questions that I had. I do think I preferred reading this one to watching the show though.




America's Haunted Universities by Matthew L. Swayne

This was an interesting one. I started reading it late one night, and had to stop because I was getting freaked out. There are some quite scary accounts in here, but in general it was a little disappointing. The narratives were repetitive and none of the stories felt connected. Plus it seems like the western US either doesn't exist, or isn't haunted at all.



Recommendation:



This book was such a pleasant surprise! It's a ton of fun and fast paced. And it's a refreshing addition to the YA Paranormal genre. I think Entangled Teen is going to become one of my favorite publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)