Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 End of the Year Book Survey


I've decided to do the 2012 End of the Year Book Survey. Better late than never!

Best In Books 2012


1. Best Book You Read In 2012?
STRUCK by Jennifer Bosworth
 Check out my review









2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN by Kate Locke
Check out my review





3. Most surprising book of 2012?
THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass
Check out my review









4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
FORBIDDEN by Tabitha Suzuma
Check out my review







5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
SOUL SCREAMERS
Check out my reviews [.5][1][2][3][3.5][4][5][5.5][6]







6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Ada Adams, Tamara Rose Blodgett, Beth Revis, Jennifer Bosworth...


7. Best book that was a new genre for you?
DEFY THE STARS by Stephanie Parent
Check out my review








8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis
Check out my review







9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I'm not much of a rereader.


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
EXILED by RaShelle Workman
Check out my review








11. Most memorable character in 2012?
Christian Grey Ana's Inner Goddess








12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern








13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012?
THE STORY OF US by Deb Caletti
Check out my review







14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read?
GLASS HOUSES by Rachel Caine
Check out my review





15. Favorite Quote From A Book You Read In 2012?
"Internet access came before pride."
FLAT-OUT LOVE by Jessica Park
Check out my review






16a. Shortest Book You Read In 2012?
32 pages
THE POLAR EXPRESS by Chris Van Allsburg





16b. Longest Book You Read In 2012?
969 pages
A CLASH OF KINGS by George R.R. Martin








17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?
SHADOWFEVER by Karen Marie Moning
Check out my review





18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012?
The Misfits
REAWAKENED by Ada Adams
Check out my review






19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously?
DESTROY ME by Tahereh Mafi
Check out my review





20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else?
Thanks, Evie!
THE PEARL SAVAGE by Tamara Rose Blodgett
Check out my review



Book Blogging/Reading Life

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012?
Well, I discovered most of the blogs that I follow this year, so it's hard to choose just one!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012?
Um, I don't even know. I don't think any of my reviews are particularly special.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
None. My blog lacks discussion.

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
I read some really great posts this year, but it was probably something from Parajunkee or Respiring Thoughts.

5. Best event that you participated in?
The Soul Screamers Reading Challenge! Not only did I discover an amazing series, but I won a book, too!

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
Someone buying a book after reading a negative review that I wrote!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?
Besides my 6 Month Blogoversary Giveaway, the post with the most views is my review of ReAwakened.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any of my reviews, especially of lesser known books.

9. Best bookish discovery?
BetterWorldBooks.com

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did complete the TBR Reading Challenge, Immortal Reading Challenge, and the Debut Author Challenge! I didn't set any personal goals.

Looking Ahead…


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
THE HALLOWED ONES by Laura Bickle






2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
LOVER AT LAST by J.R. Ward








3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I want to review more of the books that I read. I even wrote myself out some generic questions to get my reviews started for books I might get stuck on!

2 comments:

  1. I also put The Night Circus down as most beautifully written book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wanted to read The Night Circus last year and was never able to get to it. I'll have to make sure to get to it this year.

    Oh, and Clash of Kings....LOVED it ever so much and A Storm of Swords is EVEN BETTER!

    Good luck with your reading goals for 2013

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)