Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday [17]


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper. It's where we get to share books that have been on our wishlists forever or are newly added. I'll be alternating this with Waiting on Wednesday. My Amazon Wishlist is overflowing, so what title am I featuring this week...



Title: The Taming
Author: Teresa Toten & Eric Walters
Release Date: January 24, 2012

Katie likes to believe she's invisible. It seems much safer than being exposed as she is--shy, poor, awkward. So getting up on stage in the school production of The Taming of the Shrew should be complete torture. But as Katie tells it, something totally unexpected happened when she stepped on stage: "My head exploded. I loved it. Acting hit me like a sucker punch and I loved, loved, loved it! . . . Invisible Katie became visible Katharina."

Evan Cooper is, as they say, another story. He knows just what it takes to get noticed, and he uses every one of the skills he's honed after years of being the new kid. Like tossing the keys to his father's high-end Audi to a kid he's never met, first day of school. "I have insurance for car theft," he explains to a shocked Danny. "And there's a full tank." An abuse of the power that comes with privilege and money? Sure.

But more dangerously, is his romance with Katie another version of the same thing? Or is it the real thing?

I love Shakespeare and I love retellings, so of course I'm dying to read this one! It just seems impossible to find a reasonably priced copy here. :(

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read. Hope you will be able to read it soon.

    Thanks for dropping by on my WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this but wow it sounds very good! :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is really cute :) I've never heard of this one before. OMG and your blog is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by My WW!

    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this! I have to add it myself.

    Hope you get it soon ;)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really great, I need to go and look it up!
    Thanks for stopping by my WW :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sound really interesting!
    Hope you get it soon! :)
    Samantha @ The Secret Life of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an interesting book. I haven't read Shakespeare since High School and I've never seen a retelling.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rather like the sound of this, hope you get it soon :)

    My Wishlist Wednesday
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not heard of this before, but I love Shakespeare so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    Jenny @ Book Sojourner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)