Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Thursday, November 1, 2012

October Recap

What I Read:



Total Value: $97.86
Total Paid: $3.98
Savings: $93.88


Reviews Posted:

The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godberson [3 Stars]
Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7) by Rachel Caine [4 Stars]
Memoirs of a Gothic Soul (The 13 Gothic Memoirs, #1) by Rebekah Armusik [3 Stars]
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi [5 Stars]
Temptation (Temptation, #1) by Karen Ann Hopkins [4 Stars]
Mariposa (The 13 Gothic Memoirs, #2) by Rebekah Armusik [3 Stars]
Defy the Stars by Stephanie Parent [4 Stars]
Audrey's Guide to Witchcraft (Audrey's Guides, #1) by Jody Gehrman [3 Stars]
Lucifer Rising (The 13 Gothic Memoirs, #3) by Rebekah Armusik [3 Stars]
Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout [4 Stars]
Phantom by Laura DeLuca [4 Stars]
Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1) by Louise Rozett [4 Stars]


Read but No Reviews:

Like Water for Chocoalte by Laura Esquivel

I didn't really care for this one at all. For one, the characters were all one-dimensional and most of them were just annoying. Secondly, the time line confused the heck out of me. The chapters go by month, but the story spans 20+ years. I had no clue when anything was taking place! I did enjoy the magical aspect though.


Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake

I was excited to finally pick this one up, but it didn't meet my expectations. I loved how it made male POV, and he was very believable. I also loved the ghost hunting premise. I was just let down by Anna herself. She felt like a simple plot device and not an interesting character. I actually found her boring. I do want to know what happens next though.


Hell's Revenge (Princess of Hell, #3) by Eve Langlais

I love this series! It's so over-the-top and hilarious. Muriel has gotten herself into her hugest mess yet: getting knocked up by BOTH of her lovers! She of course handles this with a lot of attitude. I'm sad it's over but it certainly went out with a bang!




Tender Mercies by Kitty Thomas

I really liked the idea of this one, but it fell kind of flat. There's definitely some emotional and disturbing things that happen, but there was a lot of being told how broken Grace was rather than letting her behavior speak for itself. While I love happy endings, this one just seemed forced and TOO happy.



Recommendation:


Shatter Me fans...GET THIS NOW!!! If you weren't a Warner fan before this, you will be! GET IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)