Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Monday, October 1, 2012

September Recap

What I Read:



Total Value: $100.78
Total Paid: $0.00
Savings: $100.78


Reviews Posted:

Unlovable (Port Fare, #1) by Sherry Gammon [3 Stars]
Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore [4 Stars]
Moonglow (Darkest London, #2) by Kristen Callihan [4 Stars]
Texting Orwell by Ian Little [2 Stars]
Florence by Ciye Cho [3 Stars]
Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward [4 Stars]
God Save the Queen (The Immortal Empire, #1) by Kate Locke [2 Stars]
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver [4 Stars]
The Reapers Are the Angels by Alden Bell [2 Stars]
The Demon Trapper's Daughter (Demon Trappers, #1) by Jana Oliver [4 Stars]


Read but No Reviews:

Flutter (My Blood Approves, #3) by Amanda Hocking

This one was SUPER melodramatic. I had a lot of eye-rolling moments in the first half, since it was so over-the-top. The plot also seemed to change a lot. It would be one issue, that would get resolved, then another issue would arise, and so on. I enjoyed the second half much better. Mae and Ezra had some great emotional scenes, and I wonder how things are going to play out for them in the next book.


Legions (The Watchers Trilogy, #2) by Katrice Bolton

Legions picks up not long after the ending of Awakening, and jumps straight into the action. I liked this one more than the first book, since there was more emotion, action, and some more information about the bigger picture. I did find myself frustrated with Ari and Cyril for continuing to hide things from Ana, especially when things were extremely important to the situation. This one ends on another cliffhanger, one that had me shocked, so I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends.



Recommendation:



This is a self-published, new adult, novel in verse, Romeo and Juliet retelling, and a debut novel! It's seriously amazing. It was almost a 5 star read for me, but there was just one minor thing that kept it from a perfect rating. I highly recommend it though.

2 comments:

  1. Holy WOW that's an incredible month of reading :O
    I wish I could read this fast, Angie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I did read a lot last month!

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)