Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Thursday, October 25, 2012

[Review] Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Title: Shadows
Series: Lux, #0.5
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 180 (Kindle edition)
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: February 21, 2012

The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane. Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in. Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence…and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.


I've been reading nothing but good reviews for this series, and I was definitely excited to get started on it. I was expecting Shadows to be a short story, but really it's a rather long novella, so that was a pleasant surprise. It's a great appetizer for the series, since it did make me hungry for more! There's a lot of background information for the series which I really liked. It's always a little disorienting to start a new series, since there's often an overload of new characters, places, species, ect. I'm glad I did read this one first.

I love the Luxen. I've only read one alien book before, but this one is so much better. They're an interesting race, and I liked all of the tid bits we got about them in this story. We're also introduced to their enemy, the Arum. The triplets are also great! Dee is so funny and spunky, and Dawson is such a sweet heart. Daemon seems a bit angry, but I am eager to read more about him in the following books.

My one complaint is that there was too much outdated slang at the beginning, and too many similes! I just found myself rolling my eyes at quite a few statements, but it didn't really hinder my enjoyment of this. It ended up being not what I was expecting at all. The end is absolutely heartbreaking, but makes me eager to read more.

Favorite Quotes

Obsessions always started with painting someone's face, didn't they? (16%)


Hey, honey, I'm alien and apparently I just doused you with some radioactive loving! (42%)


Dee pulled out the fork and spoon in one and smiled. "I've never seen one of these! Ha. This is so handy." She looked over at Daemon, eyes dancing. "We could get rid of over half of our silverware and get like ten of these and we'd be set for life." (64%)

Was this review helpful? If so, please vote yes on Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. You read this before Lux? Oh well, then you'll probably be bored with the first half of Lux. I loved Dawson, he is my fav out of the two brothers, and his love story was so lovey-dovey, and I heart it. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)