Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Monday, September 3, 2012

August Recap

This month I wanted to try something new. I like seeing other bloggers' monthly recap posts, so why don't I do one? I've also been wanting to track how much I spend on books compared to how much "value" in books I actually read. For this I'll be noting the Kindle price of each book I read (that's most likely the edition I'd buy) and what I actually paid, so I can see my savings. These posts will also included my "No Reviews" for the month, and a special spotlight for my favorite book that I read during the month.

What I Read:



Total Value: $120.83
Total Paid: $0.00
Savings: $120.83

All of the books that I read this month were from the library, from BookLending.com, or were ARCs. Babe in Boyland was actually a gift from the author, and The Ylem was an Amazon freebie.

 Reviews Posted:

Never to Sleep (Soul Screamers, #5.5) by Rachel Vincent [4 Stars]
  Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward [3 Stars]
  Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward [4 Stars]
  Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward [4 Stars]
  Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis [5 Stars]
Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs [2 Stars]
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella [3 Stars]
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa [4 Stars]
Diva (Flappers, #3) by Jillian Larkin [3 Stars]
Glitch (Glitch, #1) by Heather Anastasiu [4 Stars]
Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5) by Rachel Caine [3 Stars]
Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6) by Rachel Caine [4 Stars]
Babe in Boyland by Jody Gehrman [4 Stars]



Read but No Reviews:

Fate (My Blood Approves, #2) by Amanda Hocking

While this one had a lot more going on in it, I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first. There was an "external conflict" that seemed kind of random, and just there to provide some action outside of Alice and Jack's relationship. It just fell flat though. I loved the ending, so I'm definitely excited to continue the series.


The Ylem (The Ylem Trilogy, #1) by Tatiana Vila

I like this one, but I also felt like it was too long. There were too many scenes that seemed to drag on and on, and plenty of random info-dumps! I did really enjoy the mythology behind werewolves, especially the connection to water. The forbidden romance was also pretty good, but too similar to Twilight's. I'm not sure if I liked this first book enough to want to read the following two though.




August Spotlight:


This book is fantastic and I think all YA and Sci-Fi fans should give this a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)