Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wishlist Wednesday [6]


Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paper. It's where we get to share books that have been on our wishlists forever or are newly added. I'll be alternating this with Waiting on Wednesday. My Amazon Wishlist is overflowing, so what title am I featuring this week...




Title: Daughters of Rome
Series: Rome, #2
Author: Kate Quinn
Release Date: April 5, 2011

A.D. 69. Nero is dead.

The Roman Empire is up for the taking. With bloodshed spilling out of the palace and into the streets of Rome, chaos has become the status quo. The Year of Four Emperors will change everything—especially the lives of two sisters with a very personal stake in the outcome….

Elegant and ambitious, Cornelia embodies the essence of the perfect Roman wife. She lives to one day see her loyal husband as Emperor. Her sister, Marcella, is more withdrawn, content to witness history rather than make it. Even so, Marcella has her share of distinguished suitors, from a cutthroat contender for the throne to a politician’s son who swears that someday he will be Emperor.

But when a bloody coup turns their world upside down, Cornelia and Marcella—along with their cousins, one a collector of husbands and lovers, the other a horse-mad beauty with no interest in romance—must maneuver carefully just to stay alive. As Cornelia tries to pick up the pieces of her shattered dreams, Marcella discovers a hidden talent for influencing the most powerful men in Rome. In the end, though, there can only be one Emperor … and one Empress.

I absolutely loved Mistress of Rome, so I must read this one, too! I love ancient societies, so I'm hoping this one meets my expectations. :D

5 comments:

  1. You know, I've had Mistress of Rome on my shelf pretty much since it came out in paperback. Still haven't read it, haha, but I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And sorry to comment twice, but ah! Thanks so much for sharing this meme! I've been looking for something similar to WoW but for people who, like me, don't really pay attention to upcoming releases ;)

      Sweet!

      Delete
  2. I love ancient societies, too. "Daughters of Rome" sounds like a great read. Do you recommend I check out "Mistress of Rome" first?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first book before, but I love the sound of these books! Rome is one of the highest places I want to visit on my Travel After High School list, and I think reading a book set in this ancient society would be amazingly cool. Plus, I love that it hasn't released yet so I don't have to wait for it! ;)

    Awesome pick, Angie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much into ancient reads. Hope you enjoy it though.

    Ashley @ Dr. Pepper Diva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)