Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pinkindle Reads but No Reviews: July



Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

I just adore Kleypas' writing. It's so light, fun, witty, and heartwarming. While the premise of her books are extremely similar, she manages to make them feel brand new with amazingly unique characters. Annabel is strong and stubborn, but so is Simon Hunt, so it's no wonder these two end up having explosive chemistry! I also loved meeting the other three wallflowers and can't wait to see them all fall in love with their very own gentlemen.
                      

--------------------------------------------------

Fifty Shades Freed (Shades of Grey, #3) by E.L. James

This book drove me bonkers! I liked it, but it felt 1000 pages long. I still love the drama and the super hot sex, but if I have to hear Ana say "oh my" or "oh sh**" every single time she does anything, I'll scream!
           

--------------------------------------------------

Grounding Quinn by Stephanie Campbell

Quinn is a trainwreck! Seriously, it was painful watching her go through these few months of her life. She makes mistake after mistake after mistake, and hurts those who love her most. I didn't know much about this one when I got it, but I ended up liking it way more than I anticipated. If you're looking for a quick, YA contemporary that deals with mental illness, I'd recommend this one. But be warned, Quinn will frustrate the heck out of you!
           

--------------------------------------------------

Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles

I have mixed feelings on this one. While I love the idea, I didn't really like the execution. The actual romance makes up a very small piece of the story, and it just zooms by. There's a lot of Brittany and Alex's home lives, which was interesting, but didn't really hold my attention. I also didn't like Brittany too much, and all of the Spanish mixed in pulled me out of the story since I didn't understand any of it.
           

--------------------------------------------------

Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1) by Cherise Sinclair

I also had mixed feelings about this one. I did really like it overall, but I felt like Jessica jumped into the BDSM life too easily and her feelings for Master Z came out too quickly. I was also majorly confused about Master Z. Can he actually read minds or is he just good at reading people? I don't think it was made clear at all and it kept nagging at me throughout this whole story. I'm definitely going to check out the following books though, since I liked the set up of the club.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)