Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Friday, July 6, 2012

Freebie Friday [12]


So, what freebie would I like to share with you today...

Title: Proper Gauge
Series: Wool, #2
Author: Hugh Howey
Pages: 89
Genre: Adult, Dystopian

A cleaning has been performed, and now the silo is without a sheriff. With only one good candidate available, Mayor Jahns and Deputy Mames set off for the Down Deep to recruit her in person. Along the way, they discover much about each other, troubling news about this candidate, and stumble upon fractured alliances that could spell the doom of a silo they've worked long years to protect.

My Rating: 3 of 5
Current Price: $0.99 for Kindle [Purchase]
Worth A Read: Probably.

I'll start out by saying that I did not enjoy this one as much as the first. I felt like this one started out pretty boring, and it doesn't seem like anything important happened. But then the ending! Another shock ending! While it didn't save this installment of the series, it definitely made me want to continue. This society is so strange, and there's something fishy going on. I need to know what!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)