Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pinkindle Reads but no Reviews: May, 2012



I read a lot, but review less. Sometimes I just don't feel like writing something, or I just don't have much to say. Either way, it doesn't seem fair to leave these books out. So once a month I'll present the books that I read, rated, but didn't review, and give a quick few sentences about what I thought of them.





Awakening (The Watchers Trilogy, #1) by Karice Bolton

Angels aren't exactly my favorite paranormal entity, but I did enjoy this one more than some others. I really liked the lore behind the existence of angels. Some of it is what's been said before, but there's some unique twists which made this one stand out a bit more. I love the idea of the Awakening process. Sure, it's a painful event for those involved, but I found it really interesting. This book is a little on the slow side, and mainly follows Ana and Company having a good time over the winter holidays, but there is a bigger conflict lingering in the background. This ends on a cliffhanger, but I am intrigued enough to continue.
                      

--------------------------------------------------

A Touch of Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #4.1, 4.3, 5.1, 7.1 & 8.1) by Charlaine Harris
This is a pretty fun collection of stories. It definitely satisfied my craving for some Sookie hijinks.
Fairy Dust (#4.1): ****
Dracula Night (#4.3): ****
One Word Answer (#5.1): **
Lucky (#7.1): ***
Giftwrap (#8.1): ***
           

--------------------------------------------------


Notes to Self by Avery Sawyer
I really liked this book. The author did a very good job of showing us how confused and frustrated Robin was after the accident. There's some very emotional scenes, as Robin tries to get her life back and figure out exactly what happened the night she and Emily fell. While the ending was predictable, everything leading up to it was real and full of emotion. It was a very quick read, and I could hardly put it down.
      

--------------------------------------------------
Snowballs in Hell (Princess of Hell, #2) by Eve Langlais
This was another hilarious and sexy installment to the series! Muriel is just as sassy as ever, but she's being haunted by a mysterious hooded figure. The only way to break free of her fear...a threesome! Yep, since her magic is sex based, she needs MORE sex to be powerful enough. There is definitely not shortage of sexy times in this super short book! There's still plenty of plot though, and I can't wait to see how Muriel deals with her latest problem in the next book.
         

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of featuring these super mini reviews. Such a great idea for those books that you read but just don't quite feel like reviewing fully. Notes to Self has me interested, I'm going to go look that up on goodreads.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!
    Bonnie @ wordsathome.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)