Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Friday, June 8, 2012

Freebie Friday [8]


So, what freebie would I like to share with you today...



Title: Death Whispers
Series: Death, #1
Author: Tamara Rose Blodgett
Pages: 352
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Horror

Almost fifteen-year-old Caleb Hart is a Cadaver-Manipulator in the year 2025. When teens receive a government-sanctioned pharmaceutical cocktail during school, paranormal abilities begin manifesting... making the teens more powerful than the adults.

After Caleb discovers he has the rare, Affinity for the Dead, he must do whatever it takes to hide it from a super-secret government agency whose goal is exploitation. Caleb seeks refuge in his new girlfriend, Jade, until he realizes that she needs as much protection from her family, as he does from the government. Suddenly, Caleb finds that hiding his ability while protecting Jade and his friends is a full time job; can he escape the government, protect Jade and lose the bullies that are making him miserable?

My Rating: 4 of 5 [Review]
Current Price: $0.99 for Kindle [Purchase] {Also available in paperback}
Worth A Read: Yes!

Blodgett is easily my favorite indie author right now! Her books are unique and so much fun. I've already featured her Savage series a few weeks ago, so now it's Death's turn! This one is set in the near future and latent supernatural genes have been unlocked. Caleb is (un)lucky enough to have the rarest abilities as a cadaver manipulator. He can raise the dead! Of course, he has to play around with his ability and some good stuff happens, but also some definitely not good things. If you like zombies and alternative government stories, I highly recommend this one! I have book 2, and plan on reading it fairly soon, so of course I'll let you know how that one is, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you feature indie authors & their books. I hadn't heard of this one but I'll have to check it out!

    PS: Thanks for the birthday wishes. You rock. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)