Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Friday, June 29, 2012

Freebie Friday [11]


So, what freebie would I like to share with you today...

Title: Wool
Series: Wool, #1
Author: Hugh Howey
Pages: 70
Genre: Adult, Dystopian

They live beneath the earth in a prison of their own making. There is a view of the outside world, a spoiled and rotten world, their forefathers left behind. But this view fades over time, ruined by the toxic airs that kill any who brave them.

So they leave it to the criminals, those who break the rules, and who are sent to cleaning. Why do they do it, these people condemned to death? Sheriff Holston has always wondered. Now he is about to find out.

My Rating: 4 of 5
Current Price: $0.99 for Kindle [Purchase] {Also available in paperback}
Worth A Read: Yes!

I originally got this one because not only was it free, but parts 2 and 3 were free also. I didn't read it until recently when I noticed a few GoodReads friends rating it highly. I was behind on my freebies, it's only 70 pages, so why not? This was not what I was expecting. It's totally original and bizarre. I wasn't completely sold in the first few pages, but then things just kept getting stranger and stranger. Then that ending, wow! That was intense, and I definitely didn't see it coming. In Wool's few pages there's so many twists and turns and intrigue! I just want to know more about this unusual under ground society!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)