Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Monday, May 28, 2012

[Review] Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3) by Amanda Hocking

Title: Ascend
Series: Trylle Trilogy, #3
Author: Amanda Hocking
Pages: 336 (Paperback)
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: April 24, 2012

Wendy Everly is facing an impossible choice. The only way to save the Trylle from their deadliest enemy is by sacrificing herself. If she doesn’t surrender to the Vittra, her people will be thrust into a brutal war against an unbeatable foe. But how can Wendy leave all her friends behind…even if it’s the only way to save them? The stakes have never been higher, because her kingdom isn’t the only thing she stands to lose. After falling for both Finn and Loki, she’s about to make the ultimate choice…who to love forever. One guy has finally proven to be the love of her life—and now all their lives might be coming to an end. Everything has been leading to this moment. The future of her entire world rests in her hands—if she’s ready to fight for it.


Ascend is an amazing ending to a wonderful series! Wendy has stepped up to her role as future queen, and is trying to make her people's lives better. However, it's nearing her 18th birthday, her wedding, and an attack promised by her father. Wendy has a lot on her mind in this book, and while she's struggling to balance it all, I found she was doing the best she could. Besides the fate of her kingdom, there's also the issue of her love life. Wendy has a very supportive fiance (who may or may not be interested in girls), the duty bound Finn, and the charming, enemy, Loki.

Can I just say how much I love Loki?! Ever since he appeared in the previous book, he has charmed his way into my heart. I absolutely adore him, and he seems to really care for Wendy. He's also hilarious, even in the most dire of times. There's an especially awesome scene where all 3 of Wendy's young men are in her wedding chamber. I won't spoil anything, but the awkwardness levels were extreme!

To me, this was the best of the trilogy. There were plenty of laughs (mostly thanks to Loki), heartfelt moments, action, heart ache, and some slightly steamy romance! While I'm sad Wendy's story is over, I think this was the perfect ending.

Was this review helpful? If so, please vote yes on Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. I've read 1 book in this series so far and have loved it! :) I am so glad the rest aren't going to be bad books! Thank you for sharing :)

    Check out my latest review! :)
    Tabby @Insightful Minds & IM Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the way everything ended! I LOVE Loki! He is so funny and really loves Wendy. The scene in her bedroom was hilarious. Wendy grew a lot and I loved how much she cared for her people and kingdom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)