Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Thursday, March 29, 2012

[Review] Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning

Title: Faefever
Series: Fever, #3
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Pages: 327 (Hardcover)
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Release Date: September 16, 2008

He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too. When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul.

As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences...


Faefever starts out much faster than the previous book, and I was very happy about that. There's immediate action, answers to a few minor questions, and even more questions get piled on top of the mountain of mystery! Most importantly, what the heck is Barrons?! I need to know; it's driving me absolutely crazy! I do have a theory. I'm probably way off, but at least it's something to keep me from going completely nutso whenever there's a scene with Barrons.

V'lane! Yes, he gets his own paragraph again. He's my favorite, I can't help it! I'm beginning to think he can be trusted, since he always keeps his word. He may be manipulative at times, and play tricks, but I appreciate that he looks out for Mac when she asks. He's also trying to respect her human wishes by not "sexing her up" at every meeting, and he's a whole lot more forthcoming than Barrons! I really loved how he was featured quite a bit in this book and look forward to more of him!

Mac has finally grown on me. She's totally bad ass now, but still holds on to hope that things will turn out fine. Instead of sitting in the relative safety of the bookstore, she's taken to the streets of Dublin with an arsenal under her raincoat. She's seeking information rather than waiting for someone else to bring it to her. And boy do we get a lot of new information in this book! The continuous world building is phenomenal, and this series just keeps getting better and better. I could barely put this one down, and holy crap that ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)