Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pinkindle Plays Catch-Up

Since my reading obsession was dormant for a few years until this past summer, I'm very behind on "what's popular" in the literary world. I've made some progress since my return, but there's still so many books I see readers/bloggers discussing that I just haven't gotten to! So I'm going to make 2012 the year where I get caught up! Maybe not entirely, since there's only so much time to read, but I want to get through as many as possible. My goal will be to finish at least 5 books I've missed out on per month, starting March 1st, for a total of 50+ books!

I want to read those fantastic series that are already over, or are ending soon. I need to get to those awesome standalones that everyone is raving about. I also want to get caught up on the series that have several books out already! I just need to get caught up, but I'll need help. That's where YOU all come in. I already have a list of some things I definitely want to get to, but I'll also need suggestions from YOU!


Having said that, here's how you can help me:
  • Tell me your favorite series that you're sad are over.
  • Suggest to me other series that have 3+ books already out.
  • List those standalones I've missed from 2011 and before.
  • Send me your favorite books Just kidding, unless you really want to. :P
  • Tell your friends so they can help me too!


Here's what I've decided to read so far...


Fever by Karen Marie Moning


I've already read book 1, so yay progress!!!

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I know, the shame!!! I do own all 3 books though, so have no fear! I'll get to them!

The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

This trilogy sounds good, so I must read it!

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

I'm seriously intrigued by this one, so it's a must read!

John Green

I've read Looking for Alaska and that's it, but I want to read the rest!

Wallflowers by Lisa Kleypas

I loved Again the Magic, and I'm sure the rest of the series is just as great! Unfortunately, my library only has the first book, so I'm going to have to space these out.

Others on the Agenda:
The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent
The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
Dollanganger by V.C. Andrews
Sarah Dessen novels, maybe?

As you can see, I read a variety of genres, YA and Adult, so get suggesting! What are those books that I absolutely must read?

4 comments:

  1. not sure what you have already read but some of my faves are:

    cat & bones by jeaniene frost
    guild hunter series by nalini singh
    psy-changeling series by nalini singh
    the hathaways series by lisa kleypas (historical romance)
    firelight by kristen callihan
    obisidan by jennifer armentrout
    cinder by marissa meyer
    mercy thompson series by patricia briggs

    have fun with all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you!

      How could I forget about Cat and Bones! I keep hearing great things about them. :)

      Of those I've only read Cinder, so I'll definitely check out the others.

      Delete
  2. Hi Angie,

    I'm stopping by from PJV's Twitter hop and I'm the curious type so of course I had to visit your blog as well. You know what I will take you literally and send you one of my favorite books. It is a young adult novel that just grabbed hold of my heart and I would say you need to read it to catch up. I'm dropping you a line on e-mail :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)