Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pinkindle Reads but no Reviews: December 17-31, 2011

I read a lot, but review less. Sometimes I just don't feel like writing something, or I just don't have much to say. Either way, it doesn't seem fair to leave these books out. So once or twice a month I'll present the books that I read, rated, but didn't review, and give a quick few sentences about what I thought of them.








I think I built it up too much in my head. Sure it was interesting, but also very repetitive.
--------------------------------------------------
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling



I was pretty much bored out of my mind for the first 2/3 of this, but then all of a sudden it got really good! And oh, Snape! Snape, Snape, Snape! ♥
--------------------------------------------------
The Princess Bride by William Goldman



I hate being interrupted by "author's notes" every few pages, especially when a lot of them aren't even relevant to the story! It just made the story feel really disjointed. I started skipping those pretty early on, because I just wanted the fairytale! I have to admit that Goldman coming up with this whole hearing the story from his father, then attempting to read it to his son, and then taking it upon himself to publish a version with only "the good stuff" thing was really clever. It was just executed horribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)