Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Friday, December 16, 2011

Pinkindle Reads but no Reviews: December 1-16, 2011

I read a lot, but review less. Sometimes I just don't feel like writing something, or I just don't have much to say. Either way, it doesn't seem fair to leave these books out. So once or twice a month I'll present the books that I read, rated, but didn't review, and give a quick few sentences about what I thought of them.





Looking for Alaska by John Green



One of my first thoughts while reading this was, "What is up with boarding school kids?!" Seriously, they seem to have less regard for school rules and the law than other high schoolers. Anyway, I really liked this book, even though I was expecting what would happen. I did love how it was all wrapped up at the end. It also has plenty of great quotes!


--------------------------------------------------
The Color Purple by Alice Walker



This book was super depressing up until the very end, but the last four pages made all that suffering worthwhile. I loved how it was written as a series of letters, rather than a story narrative.


--------------------------------------------------
Entwined by Heather Dixon



Maybe I didn't enjoy this that much because I didn't know the original fairy tale, or maybe that allowed me to rate it based on its own merit. Either way, it was kind of slow and dragged on.

--------------------------------------------------
Ingenue by Jillian Larkin



I was mildly disappointed while reading this one, but then that dramafest of an ending drew me back into the wonderful world of Flappers! Why does the next book have to be so far away?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)