Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Sunday, December 4, 2011

In My Mailbox [2]

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren to show off our newest books: purchases, borrows, ARCs, galleys, etc.


Freebie Finds:

Marked (Soul Guardians #1)

I'm a bit addicted to grabbing free Kindle books and not reading them, but I promised myself to read more of them in the new year, and this one seems pretty interesting.

Galley Grabs:

Halflings (Halflings #1) 

This week I got approved to read something from Net Galley! I have a bit of a backlog, so this one may have to wait awhile.

Library Loot:

Looking for Alaska The Color Purple  Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1) Bleeding Violet Entwined Ingenue (Flappers, #2) Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

I also picked up a few things from the library. I have several requests that I'm still waiting for, but I have plenty of books to hold me over. I've already finished Looking for Alaska and I'm currently reading Bleeding Violet. Fun Fact: I'm the first library member to get Shatter Me!

(Overdrive) Library Loot:

Beyond the Highland Mist Darkfever (Fever, #1)

And finally, a couple of my Kindle requests became available! Thankfully, school ends for break on Friday, and I'll be free to read as much as I want for a month!

So, what's in your mailbox?

14 comments:

  1. Great IMM list! I've heard good things about Shatter Me. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love OverDrive? I've been finding some awesome books through them lately. I can't wait to read Ingenue, and I loved Entwined. Great books this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing! I always grab the kindle books while they are free and they just sit in my archived items :/ I have been wanting to read Shatter Me I'm going to have to see if my new library can get it for me! thanks for stopping by my blog! http://tessmw.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-4.html Im also a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I seriously need to get myself a Kindle! x) I just learned recently that you can get a bunch of free books off of it, and as a person who tends to splurge on books, that would really help my savings! Plus, that is some AWESOME loot from the library! :) I have my own copy of Shatter Me on its way and OH MY GOSH, I'm so excited to read it!!

    Awesome mailbox this week, Angie! I hope you love all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Robyn: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)

    @Kelly: Overdrive has been amazing! It makes sure I always have something to read. :)

    @Tess: You're my first follower! :D

    @Mimi: I adore my Kindle! I got the one with Special Offers, so about once a month they send out a code and a list of ~100 books for $1! You can only get one per offer, but it's still great. In fact, once I was lucky and spotted the Hunger Games Trilogy, so I got all 3 for $1! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost got that book for free on Kindle, but since I have the same issue with grabbing free books and never reading them, haven't downloaded it yet.

    Shatter Me and Looking for Alaska are great reads! I have Bleeding Violet on my Kindle, but haven't gotten to it yet. It looks really good though :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    xoxo,

    Michelle Madow

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Michelle: Thanks so much for dropping by!

    Downloading free Kindle books is a bit addicting, but I promised I would actually read them and not just grab them for the sake of getting something free! :P

    I really enjoyed Looking for Alaska, and Bleeding Violet is very good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here I'm hoping to do lots of reading during the holidays. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halflings looks good and I love, love, LOVE the Fever series! Great mailbox; enjoy!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jenny: Happy reading to you, too! Enjoy your holiday break! :)

    @Carmel: I've pretty much heard nothing but good things about Fever, so I'm excited to finally see what the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! I can't wait to read Shatter Me and I LOVE Flowers in the Attic.

    That's cool that you were the first one to get Shatter Me at your library! I was the first to get Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher at my library. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shatter Me sounds soooo totally awesome!!! I hope you love it :) Great haul!!! I wanna live near your library!!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Win a GLOW audiobook!

    International 300 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. @xandersmom11: Thanks for stopping by! :)

    @Jaskirat: I'm excited to read it! Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shatter Me is on my Wishlist - looks so good!

    Flowers In The Attic brings back memories - read that one in high school. The whole series is great.

    Enjoy your great stack!!

    Thanks for stopping by and checking out my mailbox!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-my-mailbox-december-4-2011.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)