Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Saturday, August 27, 2011

[Review] Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

Outlander (Outlander, #1)Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The page count on this seems intimidating, but I enjoyed every word of Outlander. I was expecting to hit a few parts which would just drag on and bore me, but that wasn't then case at all. Even though every page didn't have action or romance, it was always interesting. The pacing was just right, and I felt like the story unfolded very naturally. Nothing was forced or rushed, or added gratuitously.

The romance between Claire and Jamie was not at all what I was expecting. In fact, at a few points it made me a bit uncomfortable. But I did enjoy how different it was; it kept it from being just another novel romance.

If I had to sum this book up in a single word, it would be epic. There was so much going on, a lot of detail, and could easily inspire its own HBO mini-series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)