Important

This blog is moving to WordPress! The new address is:
http://pinkindle.net

You can subscribe/resubscribe to my RSS feed here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/pinkindle

Friday, July 8, 2011

[Review] The Mephisto Covenant (The Mephisto Covenant, #1) by Trinity Faegen

The Mephisto Covenant (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I received a free digital copy through Net Galley.

Just a few pages in and I was already swarmed with questions which kept me reading: Who killed Sasha's father? Who are the Ravens? Who is Eryx? What the heck is going on?! The first three questions are answered by page 32, but I figured I'd give the book a chance. I'm glad I did! The author's take on Heaven and Hell was very interesting and my confusion over the different entities was quickly cleared up. The romance was a bit like Twilight, with some similar abilities, which was distracting at first. However, once things got rolling I was too engaged in the story to care.

My one criticism would be that some scenes felt very repetitive. It was like I read the same arguments and explanations between Sasha and Jax over and over. Overall, this was a pretty quick and engaging read. I'd definitely recommend it for readers who enjoy the YA paranormal genre. However, if you are offended by (or not interested in) religious themes, stay away from this one.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this book. I didn't really like Ms. Faegen's writing, but it was real enough, and easy to follow. I wasn't really offended by the religious themes. The romance, to me, was endearing, because Jax was trying to prove himself the whole time. In Twilight, I feel like Edward never proved himself and never tried. This was a great book, with a beautiful cover. Can't wait for The Mephisto Kiss!!!

    Thanks for the review!
    Alyssa Susanna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read my post and leave a comment; I really appreciate it! :)